Saturday, March 1, 2008

March 1st

Today we completed the frame for the roofs and put them atop two of the structures that we built. It was an amazing sense of accomplishment and all of us were deeply moved to see them go up and to do it with some of the orphans.

This afternoon, we met with our canoe guide leader, Craig, and did some practice canoe work in the Indian Ocean.

Tomorrow, we wake up a 5AM and hit the road at 6AM for a two and a half day canoe safari. We are eating well (pizza, blt sandwiches, pasta Bolognese, coconut chicken, and lots of fruits and filtered water).



We will not be able to post for about three days so here are some pictures from today’s adventure. What an adventure!

- Mark

.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Hannah,Mom called and told me about the trip and Isaw those great pictures You are really someone special, but you know I have always felt that and your doing something quite special.Enjoy yourself, honey and stay safe.Noel and I send our love. Grampa Fred

Jody Heneveld said...

Hey Mark and Kids, Sounds like you are doing wonderful work, that is also life changing!! We are thinking of you every day!!
Mrs. Heneveld

Suzy Wudyka said...

Hi Tuck! Looks like you are having a great time and working hard. Your Dad and I are very proud of you! I love what you are doing with you hair! HAHA. Everyone sends their love, Newman too.

Suzy Wudyka said...

Hi Tuck,
Hope you are well. We are missing you so much. Things here are good. Guess what Sam Miller did? Shaved his head. He wanted me to tell you Hi. Also Brian p. wanted me to tell you Hi. He had a big spread in the SH Press, all about his surfing. It was great. I left him a message to tell him how great it was. He text back to say Thank you and wanted to make sure I told you HI. We love you and can't wait for your return!!! Love, Mom

alexandra andon said...

Arlis I love you and miss you. Can't wait to hear your stories when you come home about your trip. My cell phone is not working... please call Christopher's at 516-658-7259. I'm in Ct/home tomorrow, Thursday. See you Friday night!
xoxoxo Mom